ASLEF Journal - August 2022
State of freight on the iron roadDownload Now
- Drivers to strike for a fair pay rise as the cost of living in this country soars to double digits
- The Sun, the Daily Express and the Taxpayers' Alliance plus Off the tory Rails
- The GS condemns the Tories' 'scab's charter'
- The medium is the message for ASLEF's officers
- Civil servants at the DfT try and turn the screw on the way that rail strikes this summer are reported
- Bill Dale on the RMS forum at Yarnfield Park
- Chris Proctor calls out Perfidious Pete of P&O
- Simon Weller and Nigel Gibson on Great British Railways and the state of freight in Britain
- Andy Hourigan, Maggie Simpson, James Glew and Seb Brady on the future of freight
- Barry Hare on GBRf and Mick Humphrys on the Lost Boys marking 40 years since the 1982 strike
- Heidi Collymore on the Croydon Tramlink picket line and the TA attacks what it calls 'the Tubes'
- Branch News and Upcoming Events
- Mike McCarthy on solidarity during strike action and Grant Ash on the TUC's LGBT+ Conference
- Henry Russell revisits Puffing Billy the Toytown train: 'Let me run, puff-puff, on the rails again.'
- John Buchan recalls standing as a Conservative candidate in Peebles & Selkirk
- Letters, obituaries and On Track